RFD on advaita-siddhi 12

Anand Hudli anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 26 14:02:39 CST 2000

I wrote:

>Taking a cue from Vaidya and elsewhere, before I post the reply of
>MadhusUdana, I would like to request list members to discuss how the
>objection by the opponent as described in "advaita-siddhi 12" may be
>answered by the advaitin. I will wait for a few days before I post
>the reply of MadhusUdana. And I intend to follow the same procedure
>in my future postings on the advaita-siddhi. Whenever an objection
>by the opponent is posted, I will wait for any discussion on the
>response by list members before posting MadhusUdana's reply.

 But I am yet to see a single attempt to answer the objections by
 the opponent. This is somewhat disturbing because it indicates
 an inability or unwillingness to participate in discussions by
 many, if not most, list members or it indicates an apathy to what
 gets discussed in the list by most list members. I am reminded of
 the saying elsewhere " A mind is a terrible thing to waste." Especially,
 when one has an opportunity to use his or her mind and intellect to
 inquire into such worthy topics as being discussed by MadhusUdana!
 A human birth is hard to attain. Even after getting a human birth
 and that too after being given an opportunity to study such nectar-
 filled treatises as the advaita-siddhi, if one shows apathy to it all,
 what can we say?

 Anand

 Anand

--