rudram and chamakam

Fri Feb 25 09:28:36 CST 2000

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Raghavendra Hebbalalu wrote:

> namaste,
>      I request learned list members to clarify as to
> why the Sri RudrAdhyAya is also referred to as the
> Rudraprashnah ? The same applies for the
> chamakaprashah and the arunaprashnah.

Good question.  I did a little research on this but was unable to come up
with anything.  It just seems to be a traditional name for chapters of the
Krshnayajuraveda.  (In the Shuklayajuraveda they are called adhyayas.  The
word prashna isn't used.)

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.