subrahmania bhujangam - verses 21 - 25

Ravi msr at COMCO.COM
Mon Feb 14 07:29:27 CST 2000

  Prayer to Give Darshan During Death Pangs

kR^itaantasya duuteshhu chaNDeshhu kopaa\-
 ddaha chchhinddhi bhinddhiiti maaM tarjayatsu |
mayuuraM samaaruhya maa bhairiti tvaM
 puraH shaktipaaNirmamaayaahi shiighram.h || 21||

Oh! Lord, when ferocious messengers of Death-God come to torture me
angrily shouting, ``Burn him, Kill him'' Oh! Lord Thou must hasten to
appear before me, riding on Peacock, carrying Shaktivel, to encourage
me not to be afraid.

  Prayer for Protection During Last Moments

praNamyaasakR^itpaadayoste patitvaa
 prasaadya prabho praarthaye.anekavaaram.h |
na vaktuM kshamo.ahaM tadaaniiM kR^ipaabdhe
 na kaaryaantakaale manaagapyupekshaa || 22||

  Oh Merciful Lord!  I am prostating to Thy feet often to secure Thy
blessings. Oh treasure house of mercy! I offer prayers to please
Thee. Thou should not be indifferent towards me during my last
moments.  At that time I may not have the control and energy to pray
to Thee!

  Prayer to Drive Away Mental Worries

sahasraaNDabhoktaa tvayaa shuuranaamaa
 hatastaarakaH si.nhavaktrashcha daityaH |
mamaantarhR^idisthaM manaHkleshamekaM
 na ha.nsi prabho kiM karomi kva yaami ||  23 ||

O Lord! Thous hast slain the demon Soora who ruled the thousand
universes! So were the demons Taarakasura and Simhavaktra.  But Lord,
why have you not killed the demon called mental worry which haunts my
mind? When it is afflicting me, what will I do? and where will I go
[other than you for help]?

  Prayer to Destroy Mental Worries

ahaM sarvadaa dukhabhaaraavasanno
 bhavaandiinabandhustvadanyaM na yaache |
bhavadbhaktirodhaM sadaa kLR^iptabaadhaM
 mamaadhiM drutaM naashayomaasuta tvam.h ||  24 ||

Oh Son of Uma! I am always troubled by the mental worries. Thou art
the friend of helpless! I approach none but you for saving me. Quickly
destroy my mental worries as they interfere with my devotion towards
Thee!

  Glory of Lord's Holy Ash

apasmaarakushhTakshayaarshaH prameha\-
 jvaronmaadagulmaadirogaa mahaantaH |
pishaachaashcha sarve bhavatpatrabhuutiM
 vilokya kshaNaattaarakaare dravante || 25||

Oh Conqueror of Taraka!  Severe epilepsy, leprosy, consumption, lung
diseases, venreal diseases, fevers, mental diseases of all types, they
run away the moment when your devotee applies your sacred vibhuti.

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.