foreign travel by a sanyasin (forwarded message)

Ravisankar Mayavaram miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 8 20:53:56 CST 2000

--- "Viswanathan, Krishnamurthy" <KViswanathan at ECCUBED.COM> wrote:
> hi,
>

> Was wondering what foreign travel mean?  Assuming travelling within
> India is
> ok, the boundaries of India has changed a lot in the last few thousand
> years.

On a lighter note, at our home in Madras, we had a small book which made a
claim that the whole world was bharata. It was funny that the author
thought  kapilaaraNyam became California, moxasthalam became Moscow, and
agasthiyaraalaya became Australia!!! Still this makes me laugh. If one has
enough creativity all places can be renamed.

Traditionally crossing the sea was prohibited. For instance, one can reach
Paris by land without crossing water. So Paris is OK, New York is not
:-)). If US decides to fill the 30 mile stretch between Alaska and Siberia
with sand or something like that, may be one can walk his way to New York
(or Austin) without crossing the sea :-))

--

Ravi