Advaita Website wins Britannica Internet Guide Award

Anand Hudli anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 1 09:11:00 CST 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 06:04:43 -0800, Ravisankar Mayavaram
<miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>--- Vidyasankar Sundaresan <vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>> Although too much pride is a bad thing, I must say I am thrilled to
>> share
>> the following news with members of the list. The website
>> http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/avhp has received an award from the
>> editors
>> of Encyclopedia Brittanica! I will update the site in the near
>> future, to
>> include the award and the link-exchange information.
>>
>> Vidyasankar
>>

>Congrats Vidya.
>
>I take this opportunity to  request you to write a book introducing
>advaita-vedAnta. It will be a very valuable addition to our literature.
>I learnt a lot from you though your site, this list and in SRV (also
>bhakti list). Thank you very much.

 My congratulations to Vidya too. I agree a book introducing advaita-
 vedAnta with emphasis on the "vedAnta" aspect of advaita has become
 necessary in modern times. On the one hand we have other schools of
 VedAnta coming out with literature that claims that "Shankara's
 philosophy is not faithful to the VedAnta sUtras." And the so-called
 neo-advaita schools seem to talk  little of vedAnta! So a good
 book on advaita-vedAnta would educate people and more importantly
 remove misconceptions about vedAnta.

 Anand

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam