Krishna Janmashtami

Anand Hudli anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 30 18:04:52 CDT 2000

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:13:47 -0400, S. V. Subrahmanian
<svskotra at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>Thank you very much.  I did not know about it.
>Just out of curiosity, which smruti talks about this ?

 The rules for various observances are generally found in the
 purANas and also in some dharma-shAstra texts such as the
 nirNayasindhu. The varShakR^ityadIpaka that I mentioned
 earlier is one text that discusses the method of determining
 observances based on purANas and other texts.

 Anand

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org