Hindu Trinity

Rajiv Malhotra rajiv.malhotra at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Thu Apr 27 18:23:33 CDT 2000

As long as we are in the realm of vyAvahArika, we cannot arrogate to
ourselves powers such as being co-creators of the truth. According to the
yogA system, siddhis such as the power of creation can be attained by tapas.
So I would probably disagree with calling ourselves virtual beings in a
virtual reality. That would be like pretending that the snake is the rope,
something that has to be seen and not imagined. The fear is very much real
till the lamp of Jnana demolishes the apparition of the snake.

But who sustains this illusion? If it's a separate being, then there is
dualism.
So it is us, except not as the identity we assume to have at this point.
Imagine an actor who lost his true identity having got totally immersed in
his role. But he does not cease to be who he really is, EVEN IF HE MAY NOT
BELIEVE IT. Upon realizing, i.e. waking up, he understand that he NEVER was
anything else. So enlightenment or moksha is not an ontological change,
merely an epistemic one.

Rajiv

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam