shrii raamabhujangaprayaata stotra

Raghavendra Hebbalalu hs_raghavendra at YAHOO.COM
Sat Apr 1 22:48:44 CST 2000

namaste,
      Sri Raama Navami is fast approaching us on
chaitra shuddha navami. Sri Raamabhujangaprayaata is a
beautiful stOtra attributed to Sri Shankara Himself.
Set in the rhythmical Bhujangaprayaata metre, this
stotra is pregnant with deep meaning and a joy to
recite. The stOtra has been taken from
'shriishaankarastOtramuktaavaliH', a compilation of
stOtras attributed to Sri Shankara. This has text and
meaning in Kannada and has been published by the
ShringEri shrii jagadguru mahaasamsthaana prakaashana.
      I decided to start posting verses of this stOtra
with meaning (doing the translation with the help of a
Sanskrit-English dictionary and a Kannada
Translation). While I am not exactly a novice in
Samskrita, I am still a learner and would like
corrective inputs and suggestions for improvements
from the learned list members.
      My next mail has the first of these 28 shlOkas.

Thanks and regards,
Raghavendra.