sharaNaagati

Anbil Ramaswamy Ramanbil at AOL.COM
Sun Oct 17 10:16:11 CDT 1999

Dear friends
miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM (Ravi) wrote-
1) What is meant by sharaNagati or prapatti?
2) How does one surrender?
3) How does one know that refuge has been granted?
4) How does one behave/live after surrendering?
What is advaita-vedanta's stand on this issues? Please do explain if
you know. Thanks"

I do not know anything about advaita-vedanta's stand on these issues and I am
eager to learn.

But I have learned something about these from Kalakshepams while in India.
May be, this will be of interest to you.

You may kindly browse www.srivaishnava.org/sgati (specially, the
Pre-SaraNAgathi (SDDS) issues Volume 01.001 to 01.0018 in which the subject
of SaraNAgathi has been discussed in detail based on Srimad Rahasya Traya
Saram of SwAmi vEdAnta DEsika (being excerpts from my book "Hinduism
Rediscovered").

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy

--