New Member Introduction: Anand Natarajan

Vaidya Sundaram Vaidya_Sundaram at I2.COM
Tue Nov 23 21:03:58 CST 1999

-------- Forwarded by Vaidya Sundaram on 11/23/99 09:03 PM ------

"Anand Natarajan" <anandn at myworldmail.com> on 11/23/99 10:35:27 AM

[ ... ]
 I have just joined the list and I am sending an introduction. At the moment I
am doing my Ph.D. in Virginia Polytechnic.
I am very  much drawn towards the teaching of Sri Ramana Maharshi who I believe
was the principal rejuvenator of adavita practise in this century. The only
reason we see dwaita all around us is due to the ego in us. Since by definition
the ego creates multiplicity , the natural path is to enquire who we are and
thus eradicate the ego. The result of this enquiry can be termed as advaita ,
though the teachers say, that which remains can never be described since the
person to describe it does'nt exist anymore.  A concise and beautiful
description of this state is Nirvana Shatkam of  Sri Adi Shanakaracharya.
However so long as we have the ego in us, we are all still dwaitins only.
              This is my understanding of advaita and how to practise it.

Sincerely,
                 Anand

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam