prasthAnatrayI (was Re: saguNa and nirguNa are the same)

Sankaran Jayanarayanan kartik at ECE.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Nov 22 10:47:50 CST 1999

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:

> Sankaran Jayanarayanan <kartik at ECE.UTEXAS.EDU> wrote:
>
> > There is no point in talking about saguNa and nirguNa brahman as if
> they
> > are two different entities. It is the essentially quality-less
> brahman
> > that is conceived as being endowed with all qualities in order to
> explain
> > creation and for the sake of meditation. This is the view of the
> advaita
> > tradition since time immemorial.
>
> And this has nothing in contradiction to what I said.

Oh yes, it does. It says above that there is no difference between saguNa
and ni.rguNa Brahman, but you claimed that couldn't be true.

> Rama

-Kartik

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam