Various examples on Maya

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian ramakris at EROLS.COM
Sat Mar 13 08:35:51 CST 1999

Mr Vivekananda Centre writes:

>To what extent does any prophet "explain" the subject "advaita"?
>Let us examine in detail the relationship between the teaching of any
prophet and >"advaita"?

The subject matter of advaita is enunciated in the uppanishhads and
various other books like purANa-s etc. This list is for discussing the
views of sha.nkara and his followers on the upanishhads etc. These
people are not accepted as prophets. If you want to discuss about
prophets and "advaita" (I don't know what the quotes are doing around
advaita. advaita = teachings of sha.nkara and his followers), I
suggest that you start prophets-and-"advaita"-l. People interested in
that discussion can subscribe to that list.

Rama