Discussion

Harsha (Dr. Harsh K. Luthar) hluthar at BRYANT.EDU
Fri Mar 12 22:05:25 CST 1999

Chelluri at AOL.COM wrote:

>                                           Om
>
> I am, a Devi Upasaka advise all people to respect other peoples opinion in a
> decent manner.. They are children and want to learn.  There is no correct
> answer to Sri Vivekananda's question so is my question about  Chiranjeevi and
> also about the mind.
>
> Like the discussion on serpent and rope , there is no need to get personal OR
> demean  the beliefs others.

Harsha: Agreed. I am relatively new on this list. Jaldharji's recent comments
seemed to me to be highly inappropriate and narrow minded given that most Indians
hold Swami Vivekananda and Sri Ramakrishana in high esteem. Do his comments have
official sanction here because this list is devoted to Sri Shankra's teaching
only? I would like that clarified. I have not seen comments of the nature that
Jaldharji made on the other list devoted to Sri Shankra's teaching -
Advaitin at onelist.com.

> Chelluri: Adi Shankara, Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Ramana Maharishi or
> Vivekananda
> never revealed the secret how to control the Mind.  They  all said "YOU" do
> it.

Harsha: Respectfully, what you say is highly misleading at best and at worst
completely inaccurate. You may want to go back and read the original sources
again. Of course everyone must find the Truth for themselves. There is no other
way. But Sages have clearly indicated the Path that Reveals the Self.