Nahhusha Episode in MBh.

Anand V. Hudli anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 17 12:45:59 CDT 1999

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:29:46 -0400, Ashish Chandra
<achandra at WNMAIL.WNDEV.ATT.COM> wrote:

>Namaskaar All,
>
>Could someone please direct me to the Nahusha episode in MBh. I might be
>able to put it to some immediate good use.
>
>Thanks
>Ashish

 The story occurs in the AraNyaka-parvan of the mahAbhArata, while
 the Pandavas are exiled to the forest. BhIma is caught in a deadly
 grasp by a large python (boa). As usual, YudhishhThira is asked to
 answer some tough questions in order to save his brother's life.
 The python is none other than King nahushha who has fallen to this
 condition because of a curse. He is freed from the curse after
 YudhishhThira's answers. See the translation by van Buitenen (sp?)
  for more details or any good translation. In van Buitenen's translation,
 I think it is Volume 2.

 Anand

>From  Sat Jul 17 14:11:08 1999
        <ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG>
Thanks Anand. But where are the questions ? Are they in the AV
archives....wrong question, will check myself but if they aren't there,
could someone please direct me to a source/site.