shrI lalitAtrishatI bhAShyam.h - 4

Ravi miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jun 11 18:49:55 CDT 1999

vistAritAM bahuvidhAM bahubhiH kR^itAM cha
tIkAM vilokayituM akShatAM janAnAm.h |
tatratya sarva pada yoga viveka bhAnuM
tuShTyai karomi lalitA pada bhakti yogAt.h || 4 ||

There are many extensive commentaries done by various authors on this
text which world has seen before but without complete understanding
(hence unsatisfied). Here I set forth to explain the names of the text
shining the light of vedantic wisdom to explain satisfactorily for
enhancing the bhakti towards shrI lalitAmba.

--

This completes the four benedictory verses composed by Acharya before
embarking on the commentary.  This work explains the names from a

--
Ravi

Please feel free point to point out the errors. I am quite unsatisfied
with my understanding of this verse. Especially the term vilokayituM
akShatam. Despite the embarassing exposition of my ignorance, I will
tell you how I understood this. vilokayitum means glanced at or
examined, and akShata is unhusked rice.  This probably will mean the
names were not explained quite to core and left without complete
understanding.