Thank You

Wed Jul 28 22:07:02 CDT 1999

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Parisi & Watson wrote:

> I was bailing out of the list basically because I didn't want to
> keep annoying everyone with negative sounding questions that are very far
> afield from the ideas of Vedanta. But if the result is that I'm going to be
> grouped with weak minded people, then I'll stay around, at least for a
> while, and try to resurrect my original question.

Unfortunately this seems to be the the season for misunderstandings.  I
thought Greg was talking about some people who had _previously_ left the
list doing so because of a perceived "harshness".  Of course people enter
and leave the list all the time for all sorts of reasons but a problem in
the past has been that people get their knowledge of Vedanta from
unreliable sources.  When they learn that Advaita Vedanta doesn't accept
their pet theories or heroes they can either revise their opinions or find
something more congenial.  Either of which is fine with me.  But those
people who try and shoot the messenger just because they've been told
something they don't want to hear, those I call weak-minded and I have no
use for them.

If Greg was talking about other people then of course the views expressed
above do not apply.