Thank You

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian ramakris at EROLS.COM
Tue Jul 27 20:33:08 CDT 1999

>And what are people like me? I've heard very analogous arguments from

Advaita vedAnta is not going to be a satisfactory philosophy for
someone who does not accept the un-authordness of the veda.

>Christians who are affronted by having the final authority of their
Bible
>and "Tradition of the Fathers" questioned seriously. "Women can't
chant the
>Vedas because tradition says they can't" (whoever in the list said
that). If
>I don't follow my own Western tradition in this slavish manner, I'm
>certainly not going to adhere to someone else's just for the sake of
>tradition.

If you think we are being slavish, you are free to leave the list. Is
your purpose here to learn or crank up the noise? I can understand
asking honest questions. Ad hominem like this is ridiculous.

Rama