Experience and Knowledge

Ganesh Deivashikamani ganesh_d at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 26 09:26:57 CDT 1999

Pranams

I would like to answer to one portion of ur question
Particularly regarding the Experience?
Everyday when we sleep we are one with the Atman that is at our true
real state.
Since layer of ignorance('I' being identfied with body and its
desires) is covering we are not aware of that state. But we do say
that 'I had a sound sleep'(no disturbance,no dreams)and enjoyed a
bliss immediately afer waking up etc.

This is called a 'Brahma Sukha'-The bliss of dreamless sleep;
and 'Vasana Sukha'-The remembrance of the above for a few minutes
immediately after waking.

That the Bliss of deep sleep is 'Brahmananda', is the statement of
scriptures. That some persons take elaborate care to provide
themselves with downy beds to sleep on,is that fact which supports it.
That in that state,all sense of right and wrong,of man or woman,of in
or out is totally lost as at the time of the embrace of the
beloved,is the experience which confirms it. So it is
'Brahmananda',sure and certain.

The next obvious question that arise in your mind will be
"In that case,why should any one lose hold of that non-dual Bliss of
Brahman and come out of it?"

Well 'The person is drawn out by the forces of his past karma.
the man who has just  wakened from deep sleep,does not immediately
lose the happiness of sleep for hes does not bestir himself at once
nor forget the happiness. This short interval of peace which is
neither sleep nor waking,is the Blis of  remembrance. The moment your
mind rest on the desires this bliss is lost and you are engulfed by
worldly thoughts.

Now what is the difference between Experienced person and an ordinary
man.
When any human being realizes,or go through this Universal
Consciousness his life is changed forever
There are many examples for this. say Ramana Maharishi.
But most of us still continue to live in ignorance(not having
realized the Brahman).Knowing and realising a thing are entirely
different,you assert your knowing only by realising it yourself.
And these are difficult to express and explain.(please dont take this
as an excuse !!)
And drugs only gives you false bliss? which is only a false illusion
and is conditional because everytime one has to take it to go through
some 'Experince' whereas for a True REalised soul it is its natural
state . And is not depend on anything..
I would also like to suggest you to read about the life of
 'Sadha Siva Brahmendra' a Great Yogi and a Jivan Mukta.

regds
Ganesh