pashu-pati-pAsham (was Re shAktAdvaita)

Ravisankar Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Wed Oct 21 09:28:28 CDT 1998

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Giridhar wrote:
>                 Swamiji comes in the tradition of Saivas and has a Guru who is
> extremely well known in these parts of the world. Now, you may not
> agree with what he has to say with regard to philosophy or ideas
> pertaining to Shiva. That's fine, I don't agree with him completely either,
> but that does not mean I don't respect him for the great he has done and
> the work he continues to do to increase the bhakti we have towards Shiva.
> Shouldn't anyone who increases our bhakti towards God be revered, irrespective
> of the person being a child, householder or swamiji.

namaste

I do not belong to their ashram or their organization, so I have
no personal benefit in what I am going to say. I have written few
times with questions to the svAmiji and he took his time to
answer them and bless me.  svAmiji is also engaged in building a
traditional temple (out of stone) for Lord shiva in kauai
AdhInam (Hawaii). I sincerely wish to  meet him once personally
and do a namaskAram to him.

Getting to subject. is there a connection between
pashu-pati-pAsham of shaiva siddhAnta and
jIva-brahman-mAyA of advaita-vedAnta?

with respects to all,
Ravi

mAta cha pArvatI devI pitA devo maheshvaraH
bAndhavAH shivabhaktAshcha svadesho bhuvanatrayam.h