vedAdhikAram and MokshAdhikAram

Vivek Anand Ganesan v_ganesan at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 8 16:34:44 CDT 1998

NamashkAr,
   If, as ShrI Grimes had pointed out that the prescribed way in
Advaitam is "Shruti, Yukti and Anubhava" then it seems to me that
vedAdhikAram and MokshAdhikAram are implicitly connected.  If only
male DvijAs are given access to Shruti, does it not follow that the
AdvAita MArgam is open only to those people?
   Besides, if Advaitam is philosophically an exegitical tradition and
if the Scriptural study is restricted to only a certain class of
people then how can Advaitam claim to be Universal?

   I kindly request the members to illustrate if ShrI Shankaracharya
had dealt with these questions.

Thanks,

-Vivek.

P.S. : By "Universal", I mean "possible by one and all", not
"egalitarian".