Freedom of Choice - or - Freedom *from* Choice?

Frank Maiello egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Fri Mar 6 23:51:02 CST 1998

Ram Chandran wrote:

>Freedom from Choice is also another notion and consequently
>imposes limitations.  Sruti states that Brahman is eternal and
>changeless and necessarily free from - Freedom of Choice and Freedom
>from Choice!

Yes, these concepts (karma, Isvara, the Script, freedom from choice)
and all concepts like them, collectively represent merely components
of a philsophical strategy for the mind to utilize in order to
re-immerge itself back into its source.  As such, they have no
import *unto themselves*, and are therefore irrelevant in the face
of jnana, which is an attributeless dynamic.

Namaste.