Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan

Thu Jul 30 15:39:55 CDT 1998

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Vivek Anand Ganesan wrote:

> Also, are there any traditional Veda
> Pathashalas in the US?

No.  (Although calling yourself "Vedic" seems to be the trendy thing
nowadays.)  This is something I hope to remedy in the coming years.

In the mean time you have two choices.  Spend some time in India.  Of
course that's where the best institutions are.  If you can't another
course is to find some learned person over here who can tutor you.  This
is what I did and although it's not quite as systematic as a proper course
of study I'm satisfied on the whole.  Perhaps the members of the list can
suggest some learned astika person in your area?