Habits are difficult to get rid of - here is why!.

sadananda sada at ANVIL.NRL.NAVY.MIL
Thu Jul 9 10:16:28 CDT 1998

Below is an extract from a recent talk given by Swami Dheeraanandaji of
Chinmaya Mission, Washington.
Hari Om!
Sadananda
----------------------------
Habits are really difficult to break.  Our very bondage is due to our habitual
notion of thinking that we are limited, that we are the Body- Mind-
Intellect (B-M-I).  No amount of intellectual conviction can remove that
Habit completely. Sadhana is required to break this habit.

The word HABIT itself portrays this idea poignantly.

Remove H from HABIT and A-Bit still remains

Remove H-A from HABIT and Bit still remains

Remove H-A-B from HABIT  and 'IT' (the Ego) still remains

Remove the "I", the essence of the ego too and then what remains in the end
is - only "T" (The Truth).
- Swami Deeraanandaji of Chinmaya Mission Washington Regional Center.

K. Sadananda
Code 6323
Naval Research Laboratory
Washington D.C. 20375