89. hrIMvibhUShaNA

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Tue Jul 7 21:55:29 CDT 1998

89. hrIMvibhUShaNA

SHE has hrIM as HER ornament.

hrIM denotes pure inert mAyA. Why? Because in hrIM, "ha" denotes white,
"ra" denotes red and "I" blue, indicative of the three gUNa-s.  The three
guNas, sattvam, rajas and tamas is the nature of prakR^iti.  It is
limited, unreal, painful, filled with sorrow, and without illumination,
hence unacceptable.  Yet, SHE who is the meaning of hrIM as Awareness and
Bliss, is within that like a lady bedecked with ornaments from head to
feet. SHE confers the power of granting eight aishvarya-s to hrIM. SHE
wears hrIM as an ornament.

When a person is said to wear a kuNDala, it means wears only the
distinguishing kuNDala and no other similar ornament. In a similar way,
SHE wears hrIM. It is unique and produces certain knowledge only of HER,
eliminating all other meanings of hrIM.  Hence, hrIM is HER ornament.

AUM hrIMvibhUShaNAyai namaH