The Vedas

Gummuluru Murthy gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Mon Jan 12 14:41:20 CST 1998

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> .......................................      Assuming you have made the
> investigation and you are confident you know the truth, how should you act
> towards that which you know to be wrong?
>
> Other members of the list are also invited to answer this question.
>
> --

My philosophy on this matter is as follows:

No statement is wrong. Every statement is correct at the level of
understanding at which it is made. We always go from a lower truth to
a higher truth. This was made known to us repeatedly by Swami Vivekananda
and Swami Chinmayananda in their writings. The best any one can do is to
make known our understanding (at the moment) of the topic under
discussion. I look at these discussions as an opportunity for improvement
of myself rather than trying to improve others.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy
... aham bhAvodayAbhAvo bodhasya paramAvadhih ...
                        Shri Shankara in Viveka ChuDAmaNi (verse 424)

The end of the rise of the sense of "I" of the ego is the culmination
of knowledge.