SELF

Chelluri Chelluri at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 7 19:30:41 CST 1998

                                              Brahmaiva Satyam

Namaste! SriVidya.

The Swami Ramdas in my post is a Tamilian, Malayali or Kannada who lived in
Manglore.   He is an Advaitin.  I came across a book titled "IN Quest of God"
The Saga of Extraordinary Pilgrimage by Swami Ramdas.  Read it and you will
findout what happened.  What he said in one of his writings had a profound
impact on me now and I believe it is true.   His saying has relevancy to
present debate on Gods Grace posted by Sri Murty.   Swami Ramdas says "Man's
mind won't turn to God unless God's Grace falls on him first.  There is no
purusha prayatnam (effort) involved here.  God's grace falls on people
according to their karma phalam,  past and present.

You are right, advaita list is not the proper place to seek advice.   I am
sorry I used the wrong word.   It is not advise am seeking rather it is
opinion/view.  You advised to to seek a proper guru for clarifications.  I
went to a lot of gurus and swami's including the acharyas at kanchi and
sringeri.   Most of the swami's who come here they do for one reason i.e.,
money.  They may be using this money for good cause but the fact of raising
money turns me off.

Lastly I would like to express thanks to acharyas of kanchi, sringeri ,
Chinmaya and others with whom I had personal discussions and correspondance
which cost me nothing. They are proper gur's in every sense but they are gone
now.  I will keep searching for a proper guru OR he/she will come to me at
proper time.
Thanks for the advise.

                                  shubamastu                             nagy