The Vedas

sadananda sada at ANVIL.NRL.NAVY.MIL
Wed Jan 7 06:02:07 CST 1998

Sri Jaldhar H. Vyas, for  your information and others who may not know who
H. H. Swami Dayananda Saraswati is :

H.H. Swami Dayananda Saraswati that  Mantralaura refers to as her guru is
not that swami from Arya Samaj. This Dayananda Saraswati was molded and
brought up under Chinmaya Mission under my guru H.H. Swami Chinmayanandaji.
He was one of the few that started the Chinmaya Mission in Madras after the
very first JNyana Yagna of Swami Chinmayanandaji in Madras in early
fifties.  He was the first editor of Tyagi, a vedantic jounal published
from Madras and Bangalore by Chinmaya Mission,  and was the Acharya of the
Sandeepanay Sadhanaalaya of Bombay where Brahmacharies of Chinmaya Mission
are being trained, and was the Acharya of Sandeepany in Piercy CA when
Chinmaya Mission West started their First Brahmachari course in USA.  In
Seventies and Eighties, I had organized many of Swami Dayanandaji lectures
and camps here, and I learned a lot from his teachings.  He left the
Chinmaya Mission in eighties and formed his own PeeTam, Arshya Vidyaa
PeeTam, in PA and conducts regular classes and discourses.  Since he left
the mission, I do not personally associate with him, but I respect what he
teaches.

He is outright advaitic scholar as well as a scholar of Sanskrit, and
provides a clear understanding of the import of the shastraas. He is better
authority of the scriptures than you and I, put together.

I donot know about Arya Samaj teachers, but Chinmaya Mission trains all
students in the Advaitic Philosophy.

About your other comments about women and foreigners, Sri Ram Chandran has
adequately addressed.

There is a famous saying:
He who knows not and knows that he knows not is simple, teach him.
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool, leave him.
He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep, wake him.
He who knows and knows that he knows is wise, follow him.

Hari Om!
Sadananda

>I do freely admit to being prejudiced against the Arya Samaj however.
>>From what I know of their beliefs they are despicable heretics.  But
>should by some chance new information come to light I'm prepare to revise
>even that opinion in a minute.  Intellectual honesty demands it.
>--
>Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com>

K. Sadananda
Code 6323