The Vedas

MANTRALAURA at DELPHI.COM MANTRALAURA at DELPHI.COM
Mon Jan 5 23:02:43 CST 1998

Namaste Jaldhar,
  Since you are not my Swami (whom I deeply respect),
and you are prejudiced against women and anyone
who is not Indian, and since I refuse to get into any
arguments with anyone on the Internet (I am here to
enjoy and learn what interests me), I will ignore your
comments. However, it was nice of you to read my
mail and attempt an intelligent response.

dhanyavaadaH,
  Mantralaura

>From  Tue Jan  6 08:55:16 1998
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 08:55:16 -0500
To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ram Chandran <chandran at TIDALWAVE.NET>
Subject: Re: The Vedas
Comments: To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

MANTRALAURA at DELPHI.COM wrote:

> Namaste Jaldhar,
>   Since you are not my Swami (whom I deeply respect),
> and you are prejudiced against women and anyone
> who is not Indian, and since I refuse to get into any
> arguments with anyone on the Internet (I am here to
> enjoy and learn what interests me), I will ignore your
> comments. However, it was nice of you to read my
> mail and attempt an intelligent response.
>
> dhanyavaadaH,
>   Mantralaura

Sister Mantralaura:
Namaskar,

I have heard Swami Dhayananda Saraswati's lectures several times and I
found his teachings very inspirational.  Any answer that arises in the
mind shows our Ignorance.  When we gain the Wisdom, we can realize that
there is "no answer."  Your reply in this post to Jaladhar's response
confirms that you have gained lots of wisdom from the teachings of Swami
Dhayananda Saraswati.  By this posting, you have taught me and others in
the Advaita List how to respond to inappropriate postings from people
who try to disturb the PEACE.  We want to thank you for helping us to
shape our response and refrain from unnecessary arguments to maintain
peace.

The teachings and messages of the Hindu Scriptures are universal and for
all people despite their sex, religious affiliation and nationality.
The Hindu Religion is Universal and so the question of foreigners
(including aliens) doesn't arise.  During Vedic period, Gayatri Mantra
Initiation ceremony (Thread Ceremony)  was conducted for all youngsters,
both girls and boys.  After their initiation, they went to Gurukul and
learnt the scriptures.  The Rishis and their wives were great scholars.
Even during Sankara's period, Mandana Misra's wife became the judge to
evaluate the debate between Sankara and Mandana Misra.   Discrimination
of people by sex and their origin of birth is a social and not a
religious notion.

Ram Chandran
Burke, VA