Post-Shankaran Vedantins

Ravisankar Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Mon Dec 14 18:37:47 CST 1998

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> Swami Jayendra Saraswati
> ------------------------
>
> Probably this centuries most popular teacher and philosopher of Advaita
> Vedanta.

I think you wanted to say shrI chandrasekharendra sarasvatI
former pontiff of kanchi kAmakoTi pItha. Collection of his talks
called "deivaththin kural" (the voice of God) edited by Ra.
Ganapati (this series runs to 8 volumes), some parts of it was
translated into English (I think two volumes), is very famous.
The English translation is called "Hindu dharma : the universal
way of life / Chandrasekharendra Sarasvati Svami". This book and
many other books edited from his talks are available from the UT
library. http://dpweb1.dp.utexas.edu/lib/utnetcat/

  He is popularly known as periyava and now his successor shrI
jayendra sarasvati is also known by the same title. The term
periyava literally means the "great one" in thamizh. There is
nice WWW page  http://www.kamkoti.org/ describing about the
kAmakoTi maTha.

Ravi