A post from shrI sadananda (fwd)

Fri Aug 28 15:28:54 CDT 1998

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Ram Chandran wrote:

> Greetings Jaldhar:
>
> I have never said that everything in every religion is great!

I didn't mean to imply that you did.  The specific reason I asked you
about Idh is that if we were to ask on a Muslim list what about their
religion is great we may well be given Idh as an example.  As you may know
it celebrates the attempted sacrifice of Ishaq by Ibrahim which signifies
the beginning of Allahs covenant with his chosen people.

> I only argued that we have the option to look for what is good.

Exactly, but what gave you the idea that one thing is good and another
thing is not so good? _Your_ morality not Islams.  This is the reason I
originally objected to what Madhavan wrote.  Not because I don't think
good can't be found in people who don't think exactly the same as me but
because to find good first we must understand what good is.  A while back
the communists had the bright idea that if we all call each other comrade
everyone will be friends.  It didn't work.  In the same way call everyone
jivanmuktas will-nilly won't help anyone.