Selections from the ShAkta upaniShads -1 (bahvR^icha)

Chandran, Nanda (NBC) Nanda.Chandran at NBC.COM
Fri Apr 24 13:59:18 CDT 1998

Greetings Anand and much obliged for your constructive response!

I'll sum up what've stated and let me point what I'm finding difficult
to comprehend :

- The empirical world is an illusion
- Our name and form aspects are part of this illusion, but the
underlying essence, the existence-conciousness-bliss, is the actual
reality

>"I am such and such a person with such and such a body, such and such
>possessions, etc.",
So who's the "I"? Is it the name-form or the sat-chit-ananda?

>The gist is that when you start imposing limits on your Sat-Chit-Ananda
>aspect, then you are indulging in illusion.
Again who's the "you"? The name-form or the sat-chit-ananda?

My point is if "I" am actually the sat-chit-ananda, which is the Eternal
Absolute, how can my name and form and the illusions affect me? If they
affect me doesn't it imply - change, to which "I" being the Eternal
Absolute am impervious to?

        Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
        the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.