shrI lalitAtrishatI (k of vAgbhava kUTa)

Ravi Mayavaram msr at REDDY20.TAMU.EDU
Fri Apr 17 22:56:23 CDT 1998

namaskAram

I am summarizing the first twenty names for which I posted
shrI shrI shankara's bhAShyam. This summary is mainly to comtemplate
on the meaning of the names while chanting the mantra, which I think
not only increase the joy of chanting but also make it powerful. If
you find any flaws in the summary, please forgive me.

As a side note to what Ramakrishnan wrote, the panchadashAkSharI
mantra is also coded in the verse 32 of saundaryalaharI. If time
permits I will write about it later.

Ravi

==
1. kakArarupA
   AUM kakAraUpAyai namaH
   SHE who is the source of everything.

2. kalyANI
   AUM kalyANyai namaH
   SHE who is bliss.

3. kalyANa-guNa-shAlinI
   AUM kalyANaguNashAlinyai namaH
   SHE who has blissful attributes.

4. kalyANa-shaila-nilayA
   AUM kalyANashailanilayAyai namaH
   SHE who is established in HER form which is solidified bliss.

5. kamanIyA
   AUM kamanIyAyai namaH
   SHE who is endearing to jnaninaH because SHE is bliss.

6. kalAvatI
   AUM kalAvatyai namaH
   SHE who possesses kalAs to facilitate meditation of HER bhaktAs.

7. kamalAkShI
   AUM kamalAkShyai namaH
   SHE who has eyes like kamalA (lakShmI) which can confer great powers.

8. kalmaShaghnI
   AUM kalmaShaghnyAi namaH
   SHE who can destroy the sins of HER devotees.

9. karuNAmr^ita sAgarA
   AUM karuNAmR^itasAgarAyai namaH
   SHE who is an ocean of nectar like compassion

10. kadambakAnanAvAsA
   AUM kadambakAnanAvAsAyai namaH
   SHE who resides in kadamba forests.

11. kadambakusumapriyA
    AUM kadambakusumapriyAyai namaH
    SHE who is fond of kadamba flowers.

12. kandarpavidyA
    AUM kandarpavidyAyai namaH
   SHE whose is expressed by the mantra whose seer is kandarpa(manmatha).

13. kandarpajanakApangavIkShaNA
    AUM kandarpajanakApAngavIkShanAyai namaH
    SHE whose side glances can confer with power, youth and beauty.

14. karpUravITI-saurabhya-kallolita-kakuptaTA
    AUM karpUravITIsaurabhyakallolitakakuptaTAyai namaH
    SHE who has supremely regal pleasures and a form of cosmic dimensions.

15. kalidoShaharA
    AUM kalidoShaharAyai namaH
    SHE who can destroy the sins of kali age.

16. ka.njalochaNA
    AUM ka.njalochaNAyai namaH
    SHE who can create billions of brahmANDas by HER mere look.

17. kamravigrahA
    AUM kamravigrahAyai namaH
    SHE who has a form which is entrancing with blissful attributes.

18. karmAdisAkShiNI
    AUM karmAdisAkShiNyai namaH
    SHE who is a witness of karma (actions) like upAsana, yoga and so on.

19. kArayitrI
    AUM kArayitrai namaH
    SHE who has the commanding power.

20. karmaphalapradA
    AUM karmaphalapradAyai namaH
    SHE who gives the fruits of all actions.