No subject

Chandran, Nanda (NBC) Nanda.Chandran at NBC.COM
Tue Apr 7 11:00:01 CDT 1998

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for your invitation to join back - I'm glad to be back for it's
not a happy occasion to part with 70 like minded friends! But I'm sad
that you've not changed your position with respect to the scope of
discussions on Advaita-L. But just as I understand Jaladhar's orthodox
stand with respect to Brahmins, so do I understand and respect your
"Shankara alone" line, which I believe stands for something. Though my
views differ from yours, I sincerely hope that you'll yourself
understand one day that Advaitam even as taught by Shankara deals with
every aspect of life and the world as a whole. For if I cannot relate
his teachings to my life what use can it be to me?

I wasn't offended by your statements as I understand and respect your
"Shankara alone" line. As I'd told you prior to my qutting the list, I
will refrain from posting any Bouddha arguments in the future. But this
will have an effect on my participation on this list as my current
interest is in learning Bouddha doctrines. For I've come to believe that
to get a good understanding of Advaitam it's useful to learn the
philosophy of Vasubandhu, Dharmakirti and Nagarjuna. But let this not be
mistaken for any change in faith - for I've absolute confidence in the
philosophy of Gaudapada and Shankara - it's mettle clearly proven by
it's existence in Bharath even today, while Bouddha is extinct.

I apologize for any disturbances caused by me.

Rgds,
Nanda

        Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
        the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.