NIRVANASHATKAM

sadananda sada at ANVIL.NRL.NAVY.MIL
Wed Sep 3 06:33:26 CDT 1997

>Hi Greg!
>
>I think a few of the list members don't like Nisargadatta and Ramesh
>Balsekar. Especially Ramakrishnan. I avoid mentioning them. Most people on
>the list are Indian and pretty traditional.
>
>Regards,
>
>Martin.

I cannot vouch for Ramakrishnan - but being advaitic student, I am sure
like all of us he is also trying to go beyond the likes and dislikes.  I
never heard of Nisargadatta Maharaj until I came into contact with the "I
am that" book couple of years ago.  I was amazed at the clarity of the
vision.  Since each discussion chapter is independent, I randomly open the
book and study before contemplation on the truth expounded in the book.  He
might not have studied scriptures or quote them profusely, but that is only
for the novice.  He comes across as the very embodiment of the knowledge.
There is nothing untraditional about him either.  What he says is not
different from what is there in scriptures. Remember many Indians are his
disciples. In fact that is part of being Indian - freedom to think and
follow what appeals to your heart and still be within the bounds of the
scriptural declarations. For an advaitic student there is no room for
fanaticism, whether Indian or non-Indian.

Hari Om!
Sadananda

K. Sadananda
Code 6323