Two Requests

Govind Rengarajan govind at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Sat Nov 8 10:50:20 CST 1997

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, Miguel Angel Carrasco wrote:

> 1.  I receive the advaita-l postings in the form of daily digests.
>      But I haven´t got the 1 Nov to 2 Nov 1997.
>      Maybe I deleted it somehow.
>      Would a member kindly send it to me?
>      I tried the listserver with the command
>     <getpost advaita-l  digest - 1 nov to 2 nov 1997>
>     but received an <unknown command> reply.

This is an excerpt from the introductory message that
was sent to you when you joined the list:

--<begin excerpt>

Contributions sent to this list are automatically archived. You can get a
list  of the  available archive  files  by sending  an "INDEX  ADVAITA-L"
command  to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.TAMU.EDU.  You can  then order  these files
with  a "GET  ADVAITA-L LOGxxxx"  command, or  using LISTSERV's  database
search facilities. Send  an "INFO DATABASE" command  for more information
on the latter.

This  list is  available  in digest  form.  If you  wish  to receive  the
digested  version of  the postings,  just  issue a  SET ADVAITA-L  DIGEST
command.

More  information on  LISTSERV  commands  can be  found  in the  LISTSERV
reference  card, which  you can  retrieve  by sending  an "INFO  REFCARD"
command to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.TAMU.EDU.

<end excerpt>--

Also you can look at the archives through the www:

        http://listserv.tamu.edu/archives/advaita-l.html

> 2.  I have sent several members my file ASMI
>     (compilation of Nisargadatta's quotes).
>     I have been working for some time with a similar
>     compilation of Samkara´s works (still very inmature).
>     But I wonder whether I might be doing something already done.
>     Does any member know of a systematic compilation of Samkara´s writings?

There are several books. Your best bet is to look at
the following sites that have a lot of information on
Shankara's works (and related books):

        http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~vidya/advaita/advaita.html
        ftp://jaguar.cs.utah.edu/private/sanskrit/sanskrit.html
        http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/1415/index.html

Also, for those interested in original samskrit
collection, the following (sent by Giri some time ago)
might be useful: