Change and the changeless

Charles A. Hillig chillig at JETLINK.NET
Sun Nov 2 07:22:17 CST 1997

>But, are there really changes in us ? We recently discussed ajnani turning
>into jnani. I submit there are no changes in us. We are changeless. There
>is no ajnani turning into jnani. That change is only from the perspective
>of ajnani. We are the same Devadatta, as Shri Shankara discussed so
>eloquently in Viveka ChuDAmaNi. We are jnani all the time. It is only we
>think we are ajnanis limited by our ignorance. I wonder if, as a
>meditation process, it would be a good idea to reflect continuously on the
>thought that we undergo no change and that we are eternal. Only if we see
>a change in ourselves, we are still in maaya.
>
>As usual, I would be most grateful for your comments.
>
>Regards
>Gummuluru Murthy

Hi, Gummuluru,

     But isn't that just another strategy?     Are you suggesting that I
"change" from what I am doing to start focusing in on my "changelessness?"

     If I do that, I've already defeated myself by changing from "I CAN
change" into "I can NOT change."

     Since it's just another position,  the question still remains:  "WHO
is the "holder" of this position concerning change?"

     We are changeless because "we" are not really "here" at all.

      Never have been,  Never will be.

     Only the Self is present.

                              With Blessings,

                                   Chuck Hillig