this mailing list ... (was Re: The Journey)

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at CCO.CALTECH.EDU
Mon Mar 24 14:37:56 CST 1997

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Venkat Puntambekar wrote:

[..]

> I myself do not know much about ITRANS. There is some info. in this web site,
> maintained by Vidyashanker, who actually started advaita mailing list. That

No, no, the credit for starting this list must go to Ravishankar Mayavaram
at Texas A&M. I have put up a website for advaita vedanta, but I did not
start the mailing list. Also, I don't have much information about the
ITRANS encoding at this site. I have followed a slightly different
transliteration scheme, because I did not intend the text of the webpages
to be actually output in Devanagari script. For proper info about ITRANS,
please check the relevant websites, like the Sanskrit ftp site, or Giri's
pages. There are links to these pages from the pages at the site mentioned
below, but that is all.

> site is at www.cco.caltech.edu/~vidya/advaita. I myself have not spent much
> time on it.  I am sure you will find this advaita vedanta home page quite
> informative.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. If the home page helps readers to
understand some of the issues related to advaita vedanta, I would consider
it worth the effort.

Vidyasankar