Sankaracharya movie

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at CCO.CALTECH.EDU
Mon Jun 16 21:38:17 CDT 1997

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Shashidhar Rajamani wrote:

> Hi,
>   There is a movie called "Adi Shankaracharya" made by G.V. Iyer. Was the
> first Sanskrit movie ever made. However, i dont know where one could get hold
> of its cassette. Maybe you could ask someone in India to find out.
> Doordarshan had screened it a few years back.

You can get copies directly from the National Film Development Corporation
of India (NFDC), I suppose. Call S. Narayanan at the NFDC Bombay office at
91-22-497 3364, or send email to snaryan at nfdcnet.co.in. The film by G. V.
Iyer is listed at the NFDC website
(http://www.nfdcindia.com/mipcom1.html).

Vidyasankar