New member introduction

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram aum at UNIX.TAMU.EDU
Fri Jul 18 13:55:44 CDT 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 12:27:12 -0500 (EST)
From: Vaidya N. Sundaram <sundaram at ecn.purdue.edu>
To: aum at unix.tamu.edu
Subject: Re: ADVAITA-L: sundaram at ECN.PURDUE.EDU requested to join

Hi,
 I introduce myself as Vaidya Narayanan Sundaram, doing a Masters in
Industrial Engineering. From a basically religious family, I had my
Upanayanam when I was about 8 years old, and since then have (almost)
done my daily Sandhya Vandhanams and other japas into which I was
initiated.
 basically, I feel there has always been a Divine hand guiding me into
places and oppurtunities, and I am doing my best to comprehend this feel
of being nudged in the right direction. I would not say I am well read in
the Scriptures of Advaita or Dvaita, but I have been fortunate enough to
be at the receiving end of discourses given at the Kanchi Madam by eminent
scholars.
 And although I hear and read about the Divinity and it's manifestations,
a truer understanding is always one step away. And I guess wishing to be
part of discussions on Brahman and it's Maya is but one more step of
mine in this direction.
 I hope this brief intro suffices and I request you to add me to the
mailing list of advaita-l.

Cheers and GOD Bless,
Vaidya.