Bumper stickers

Jonathan Bricklin brickmar at EARTHCOM.NET
Mon Jul 14 12:09:49 CDT 1997

Ramakrishnan,

I would like to give your question a public response.  But to preclude as
much misynderstanding as I can, can you please elaborate what you feel are
the essential tenents of shastra dharma?

Regards,

Jonathan

----------
> From: Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <rbalasub at ECN.PURDUE.EDU>
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADVAITA-L <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
> Subject: Re: Bumper stickers
> Date: Saturday, July 12, 1997 4:24 PM
>
> Jonathan Bricklin wrote:
>
> > >nothing could be more foolish. naishkarmya siddhi is attained only
when
> > >there is complete purity of mind, not by repeating "there is no
> > >free-will" ad-nauseam. Do you agree?
>
> > One of the few quotes from an Indian that I have seen frequently on
bumper
> > stickers is Gandhi's "It's not important what you do, but it's
important
> > that you do it."  I think about this quote a lot, and not only because
I'm