Unreal actions and actors

Srinivas Sista sista at ECN.PURDUE.EDU
Fri Jul 11 17:20:03 CDT 1997

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:

> The sentence "tattvamasi" is said to bring about realization for ripe
> souls. When AshvalAyana maharshhi asks Lord brahma, the latter merely
> tells him that he and brahman are one and the same and this produces
> advaita siddhi in AshvalAyana maharshhi (See kaivalya upanishhad). I
> have read this upanishhad 100s of times with no effect :-). Of course in
> my case Lord brahma didn't say it either. Anyway, similar ideas are
> given in the pai.ngala upanishhad and also the classic case of
> shvetaketu. So it's all a question of how advanced one is.

Yes! exactly. Since the content is the same in both the cases we
need that additional ripeness factor. I was trying to get at that.
Also, once the mind is ready, practically anything can serve as the
wake up call, although scriptures are the clarion calls.

Is there a similar illustration for waking up straight from the
deep sleep state without a dream intervention? Since there is no
content in such a case, what serves to wake one up? I am curious!

regards,
Srinivas Sista.