Time Bound

Charles A. Hillig chillig at JETLINK.NET
Tue Jul 1 04:15:16 CDT 1997

At 11:48 PM 6/30/97 -0700, you wrote:
>There are of course many levels of violence (how many microorganisms do we
>kill daily?) but intentional, aggressive violence, it seems to me, belongs
>to the ego, to duality.  If there is no duality, no self/other split, it
>would be like being violent toward oneself.
>
>When my ego disappears I will give you a more definite answer. :)
>
>Mark

Hi Mark,

     But if, as you say, there "is no duality, no self/other split," then
how is so-called "violence" (or, for that matter, even "non-violence") even
recognizable as such?   "Who" is really there to be making  that distinction?

     In other words, "who" is being "violent" towards "whom?"

     When your ego seemingly disappears (it doesn't really exist in the
first place),  there will be no separate one left to give "us" an answer,
anyway.  What a paradox!

                                With Blessings,

                                        Chuck Hillig