Still Confusion regarding Shankara’s co

Tue Jan 28 10:25:38 CST 1997

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Rushikesh K. Joshi wrote:

> Can you say that the world that appears in your dream cannot be
> wished away ?

Leaving aside nightmares and other psychological problems, yes dreams can
be wished away.  But the waking state is rather different from a dream.

> It is just in your dream that people have obtained Moksha.
> And hence it is pointless to search whether after a person gets Moksha
> or Jnana, the world will still remain. "People got Jnana" is a dream in
> your mind. It should not be taken much seriously.
> Once these kinds of dreams are over, will there be any world left ?
> Will there be the world, of the people in the dream, still exisiting ?

If this list is a dream then I wish you to go away.

Let's see if you do or not.  In order to check on my progress in banishing
this illusionary mental construct I invite any member of the list who
lives near Rushikesh to visit him at regular intervals and poke him with a
sharp stick.  If you find he still insists on existing despite my best
efforts please report back to me at the address below.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas [jaldhar at braincells.com]   And the men .-_|\ who hold
Consolidated Braincells Inc.                          /     \