Is experience of Maya necessary ?

Rushikesh K. Joshi rushi at BRONTO.IITM.ERNET.IN
Wed Jan 15 10:51:46 CST 1997

> On a related note, I read recently in Shri Swami Satchidananda Sarasvati's
> book "The Method of Vedanta" (page 43) "The Absolute can only be revealed
> through false attribution followed by retraction". Does it mean "If you
> do not experience the maaya, you cannot experience the Absolute ?"
>

> Regards
> Gummuluru Murthy

We do experience maaya. Everybody does, including ants and trees. But the
experience of the Absolute is sought only when the experience of Mayya is
acknowledged. Who will talk about the absolute when there is no awrareness
of the experience of Maaya ?

Regards,

Joshi.