The story of my experiments with truth

Jonathan Bricklin brickmar at EARTHCOM.NET
Thu Dec 4 14:18:28 CST 1997

The word, in Greek, according to the standard Lexicon, originally meant
"all non-Greek-speaking peoples," which is, essentially, the definition
Greg gave for it.  The imitative origin in Ba Ba, which may have referred
to the incomprehensible speech of a baby first and only secondarily to
adults who spoke a foreign tongue, has been traced to a a
proto-Indo-European language from which both Sanskrit and Greek are
derived.  Sanskrit and Greek are not so much mother/daughter as cousins,
with Greek, as far as richness of grammar, being the poor relation.

Jonathan Bricklin