Osho speaks!

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rbalasub at ECN.PURDUE.EDU
Tue Aug 19 15:17:31 CDT 1997

Martin Gifford wrote:

>>>...........This is the 70's and 80's that we are talking about. There >was
>>>plenty of access to sex and drugs without Osho.
>>
>>So?
>
>WELL YOU SAID THAT HE WAS OFFERING ALL THESE THINGS AND THAT THAT IS >WHY
>PEOPLE WERE ATTRACTED TO HIM. AND I AM SAYING THAT THESE THINGS WERE >ALREADY
>AVAILABLE SO THAT YOUR ARGUMENT IS NOW IRRELEVANT.

Please read my mail carefully, the point was that Osho provided the
"justification", for these. Maybe I should have made it more clear. In
any case see my reply to Dennis Waite where I have explained this point
in more detail. It should hopefully clear up the mist.

However, my criticism of the "indulge till you tire" philosophy (first
part of my mail) had no connection with this part of my mail and still
stands.

[rest of the pointless stuff deleted]

Ramakrishnan.

PS: In case you didn't know, sending a mail in all caps is considered
the internet equivalent of spitting on the road. It also makes it rather
difficult to read.