intro and question: please forward (fwd)

M' SR msr at REDDY20.TAMU.EDU
Sat Apr 19 20:23:13 CDT 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 20:50:23 +0530
From: Bhuvesh <andromed at del2.vsnl.net.in>
To: msr at tamu.edu
Subject: intro and question: please forward

hello everybody!

though i've been a subscriber to this list for some time now, i've
realised i've not introduced myself. my name is bhuvesh pasricha and i
reside in new delhi.
i'm an mba by qualification and am currently working with a sports
management company apart from following my computer related interests in
a commercial manner. i am 32 years old and, at the moment, single. and
my shift keys don't work.

i have been following the conversations on this list and they are really
educative. the level of knowledge and understanding expressed is quite
remarkable. it is a relief to know that such thinking exists in this
materialistic world.

this, i think, is the correct forum to ask some of the basic questions
which have been harassing me during my search for the truth. will
somebody out there please help out? it is like this:

yes, advaita is correct and there is finally only one ultimate deity /
consciousness / whatever. so,

        1. when so, who is this consciousness / deity / whatever?
        2. when it is all powerful, all knowing, why does it need to
confuse            itself?
        3. if it confuses itself for leela, why does it need to indulge in
leela?
        4. when all is one ultimately, what is the reason for all this?
        5. if this being derives pleasure from the emancipation of each
individual, is it not deficient in some manner?

in summary, when someone has the power to create all this, by creating
all this isn't that entity revealing its limited nature to the extent
that it has to create something for it to be satisfied?

please answer this, i need to know, and forgive my ignorance, i've not
studied too many of the religious texts.

thanx and regards,

bhuvesh.