Questions???

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Tue Apr 15 21:43:03 CDT 1997

VP Nandakumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         As days go by I have more and more questions!
>
>         Would mastering the concepts of Advaita and the Vedas and Upanishads
> actually result in one realizing the self? Or is it just a means of developing
> your mind and soul and only in analyzing and understanding the reasons behind
> one's thoughts, desires and needs and controlling them, would one realize the
> Self?
>
>         Do the Vedas or the Upanishads provide a way to realize the self? Even
> if they did, would it be possible for one to realize the Self following the
> teachings of another and face the problem of too much information which could
> lead to confusion, instead of the simpler and clearer way of probing deeply
> within oneself?

Each individual is on a unique path toward moksha.  Some require indepth
sastric study, others bhakti, others mantrayog, kundaliniyog, etc.  And
almost all require a blend of the different methods.  Yet virtually all
must finally adopt the jnanayog of introspection.  When this is taken is
the variable.

The overload of information and its ensuing confusion is also an inevitable
revelation.  It's an unmistakeable indicator that one is ripe for jnana,
especially atmavichara.

Namaste.

"There are no answers
       because