Compassion and guru-s

Natha Bhaktyananda natha at DK-ONLINE.DK
Mon Oct 28 08:07:56 CST 1996

Rushikesh has written:

Ramana was staying on the boundary of that infinite Paramatman
and this manifestation of the same. His face towards the
infinite.

Now what was the necessity for him to stay in this world ? To answer
to children who came to him running from all directions ?
---------------------------

Paramahamsa Ramakrishna is pretty clear about that reason: compassion
for those still unenlightened. He was himself on the edge of taking the
great leap into the infinite, without ever returning to the world of
duality, and spent six months in nirvikalpa state. Only compassion
(helped by the "gentle" hand of Kali) has determined him to return and
remain on the threshold; still it was very easy for him to "tilt" on the
other side, and most difficult to pull himself down to this reality.

Rushikesh has also written:

But everything has its place in the jeevas journey towards the destiny.
Mother has been our first Guru with form. She taught us language using
which we read about Ramana. She fed our body using which we go to
Arunachala. When you complete your school education, you go to higher
classes
and then you get professors and then even the Nobel laureates as your
teachers. Now will you say that your earlier teachers were false
teachers ?
When I am hungry, first my hunger has to be quenched. When I go in
search
of job, I get job.

Do not underestimate the value of getting mislead.
Getting mislead is very very great teaching.

However, misleading was *not* the path that great masters (as Shankara)
have chosen for enlightening their disciples! Mother, misleading,
troubles, life, Nobel-prize winners, they can all be "guru-s", but they
are pathetic and extremely slow guru-s compared with the genuine ones.
So they may be called "false" from a certain standpoint.

With blessings,

--
Natha Bhaktyananda <natha at dk-online.dk>
Kxbmagergade 28, 2., 1150 K