Disciples of Ramana Maharshi

Giri gmadras at ENGR.UCDAVIS.EDU
Fri Oct 25 18:00:03 CDT 1996

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:

> No dis-respect was meant to Shri Poonjaji or any one. I have no idea of the
> controversy surrounding him or any one else and my remark was not prompted by
> such considerations.

        Certainly not. i did not imply you did, of course. As i noted in
my previous e-mail, it SEEMS that the posting of the site on Poonjaji
prompted a discussion of "false teachers who are disciples of Ramana."
        Regarding the question of lineage, i was just pointing out that,
as far as i know, poonjaji never claimed to be in a "lineage" of Ramana
Maharshi.  Therefore, there may be "false" teachers and claim to be
disciples of Ramana, they don't claim to be in some sort of paramparic
lineage. Of course, i may be wrong. Thus, one cannot correlate "false
teachers under Ramana" is more etc, because *anyone* can claim to be a
disciple of Ramana.

Namaste.